[Mailman-Users] create multiple lists resolved

Carconni carconni at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 30 21:55:32 CEST 2006

Dear Mr. Shapiro,

I just wanted to let you know how I resolved it.  Thanks again for your help.

#!/bin/sh

        list=`cat $1`

        for user in $list
        do
                echo $user
                ./newlist -q $user user at eamiladdress.com password
done

From: 	  msapiro at value.net
Subject: 	Re: [Mailman-Users] create multiple lists
Date: 	March 29, 2006 5:22:54 PM PST
To: 	  carconni at earthlink.net, mailman-users at python.org

Carconni wrote:

Were moving to mailman and I need to create over 250 "lists".  All the lists will have the same owner and and the same password.  Is there anyway to automate this?  I can set up a script to loop through a test file but how can I set the owner_mail = args[1] and listpasswd = args[2] to a default value?

See

bin/newlist --help