[Mailman-Users] Parameters don't seem to take effect

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed May 3 06:26:27 CEST 2006

Steve Campbell wrote:

>I am basically trying to get a list set up to send individual emails to each
>member subscribed to my list. I have this set for "Digest" mode. Every thing
>works fine except the message goes out to all members in one email message.
>I'm testing right now, so there are only two members.

I think you are saying you want one recipient only per SMTP
transaction. Is that right? Are you not getting that? If not, how do
you know?

>I have read what I could find in the archives and set the following in my
>mm_cfg.py, but this does not seem to matter:
>
>SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 1

This should limit you to one recipient per transaction. If that's what
you want, and you're not getting it, did you do 'mailmanctl restart'
after putting this in mm_cfg.py?

>OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = yes
>SMTP_MAX_SESSIONS_PER_CONNECTION = 1

This makes Masilman disconnect from the SMTP server after each
transaction and reconnect for the next. It should be as large as the
SMTP server will allow. It affects only overhead. It has no effect on
number of recipients per transaction.