[Mailman-Users] mailman vs yahoogroups

Ted Ernst ted at chicagohumanist.org
Wed May 3 16:09:10 CEST 2006

On 5/3/06, Christopher X. Candreva <chris at westnet.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 May 2006, Ted Ernst wrote:
>
> > I suggested using mailman hosted by mayfirst.org and that was accepted.  We
> > now have two lists.  Problem is, it's not like yahoogroups.  I don't care,
>
> What aspect of Yahoogroups is it that they need ? No two things are exactly
> like, so either there is a particular feature or features they want, or they
> just want Yahoogropus.

I'm asking for clarification.  I don't think it's the calendar and
file space and such.  One objection raised was that mailman doesn't
know that a person can have multiple email addresses so it takes some
finagling to get forwarding set up right, and then we admins can't see
how many actual people are on the list, because some people are listed
multiple times.

--
Humanize the Earth!  http://tedernst.com
Open more space!  http://www.openspaceworld.org