[Mailman-Users] Welcome message

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu May 4 02:41:14 CEST 2006

Hung Phan wrote:

>I specified the content in the new-user welcome
>message, but remove the content in the subscribeack.txt file.

How did you do this? Did you follow the procedures for editing
templates in
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp>?

Have you checked Mailman's error log for any errors occurring in
sending the welcome message?

>In OS X Server Admin log, it shows that email was sent out but the
>users never receive it!?!

If the message is sent from the server, Mailman has done it's job. If
the message is not received, it may be due to some filtering outside
of your server or some bounce issue. Do you see any entries in
Mailman's bounce log possibly related to the welcome messages.

Have you tried subscribing an address of your own to see if you receive
the message?

Have you checked Mailman's smtp-failure log for any problems there?