[Mailman-Users] Double attachments

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri May 5 18:14:37 CEST 2006

Osmo Kujala wrote:

>> Scrubber scrubs the attachment twice. Once for the archive and once for
>> the 'plain' digest, so you wind up with two copies.
>
>> One way to avoid this is to set scrub_nondigest to Yes for the list.
>
>Okay thanks, but first we have to upgrade from 2.1.5.

I think you can just add Scrubber to the global pipeline in mm_cfg.py
or to a list pipeline. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.067.htp>
for ways to do that.

>Our problem is more complicated. We have almost disk full of
>archives and have to use own script to cut archives by some date.
>Script uses /usr/lib/mailman/bin/arch to reconstruct archives
>after mbox-file has been cut. If arch will scrub attachments
>for digest too, then there might be situation that cutting
>archive take's more disk space while purpose was to free space.
>(I haven't seen that happen.)

If you are concerned about space, and you don't care about preserving
as valid the links to attachments that were previously in archives or
digests, you can delete the archives/private/<list>/attachments
directories prior to running bin/arch --wipe. Then only the
attachments which are linked from the new archive will be stored, but
their file names will probably be different.