[Mailman-Users] Welcome message not sent

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri May 5 18:56:53 CEST 2006

Hung Phan wrote:

>Is it because I hard-code the subscribeack.txt in /usr/share/mailman/
>templates/en?

You should not be editing this file. Not because of a immediate
problem, but because the next upgrade will overwrite it.

> From documents and discussions found on the Internet, each list
>should have its own template and folders. Mine has only config.pck
>and config.pck.last en files under /private/var/mailman/lists/LIST_NAME.

You have to create the lists/<listname>/en directory if you want per
list custom templates. It isn't there by default.

You also have to create the templates/<list.host_name>/en (for domain
wide templates) and/or templates/site/en (for sitewide templates)
directories if you want to use them. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp>
for the order in which these are searched.