[Mailman-Users] [Mailman-Developers] Sender field

William D. Tallman wtallman at olypen.com
Mon May 8 21:02:39 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 12:33:29AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> [...]
<snip>

Well damn!!!  I am genuinely impressed and appreciative of this
response!  Have it saved off in a separate file to study.  Mr. Turnbull
has my sincere thanks for his effort here, and I hope that others may
have found it as valuable as did I.

On reflection, I stand instructed in several respects (not just about
failing to discount what my own MTA added to the headers :D ), but
specifically in the distinction between illegal and non-conforming.  I
should well have known better than that, having some knowledge of
programming (C), and being a long-time detractor of message windows
produced by a popular operating system to the effect that one has
"performed an ILLEGAL operation" (emphasis mine).

I may never actually put Mailman into service, but the project is both
interesting and instructive, in no small part in consequence of the
traffic on this list.  Again, my thanks to Mr. Turnbull.

Thanks for reading,

Bill Tallman