[Mailman-Users] Topic filter actually used anymore?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu May 11 04:55:24 CEST 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:

>I'm having some trouble using topic filters, and digging through the
>source code I'm finding that topics are tested for with
>Tagger.process().  However, grepping the entire tarball explode of 2.1.8
>only turns up Tagger.process() calls in the tests/ directory, unit tests
>for functionality.  So the question is: Do Topic Filters actually get
>used anymore?  Is there a regression that didn't get picked up?

Tagger is in GLOBAL_PIPELINE, thus the process() function in
Mailman/Handlers/Tagger.py is called by IncommingRunner as one step of
the pipeline process. The same is true of all the other handlers
listed in GLOBAL_PIPELINE (or the pipeline attribute of the list if
any). See _dopipeline() in Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py.