[Mailman-Users] qrunner restarts every 15 minutes

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu May 11 07:30:02 CEST 2006

Joern Allmers wrote:

>> In the error log theres nothing every 15 minutes, only errors that occured
>> while I did the setup. The qrunner log shows only
>> May 03 09:30:01 2006 (24268) Master qrunner detected subprocess exit
>> (pid: 14115, sig: 9, sts: None, class: VirginRunner, slice: 1/1)
>> [restarting]
<snip>.

>> exact every 15 Minutes.

The qrunners are being sent SIGKILL (sig: 9) every 15 minutes. This is
almost certainly coming from outside of Mailman. No Mailman process
sends SIGKILL to anything.

>> Do you know how to tell mailman/qrunner to be more verbose?

There is no switch to make it log more, and it wouldn't do any good
anyway because the runner wouldn't be able to log anything after being
SIGKILLed anyway.

Does your OS have a 15 minute run time limit for 'ordinary' processes?