[Mailman-Users] multi-alternative

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu May 11 08:00:44 CEST 2006

Lawrence Bowie wrote:

>I have a user telling me ..
>
>It looks like the pipermail installation is hosed in some interesting way.
>The emails that I send have both text/html and text/multipart sections.
>It scrubbed the text/html part, but didn't bother including the text/plain part.
>
>But yet ...
>
>Default.py:
>
>DEFAULT_PASS_MIME_TYPES = ['multipart/mixed',
>                            'multipart/alternative',
>                            'text/plain']

This just determines the defaults for Content
filtering->pass_mime_types for a new list. The only thing that means
anything is the settings on the Content filtering page.

When the user says "scrubbed" does she mean as in

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

or does she mean "removed by content filtering"?

>There was an upgrade over the weekend. So something unexpected must have
>happened. Any ideas?

I would try to find the message as delivered from the list to message
subscribers, or find it in the
archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox file and also look at the
raw HTML (source) for the archive page to see if there is really an
inconsistency. I would also wonder if this was a single occurrence or
is repeatable. If it is not repeatable, I think you may find that the
message in the .mbox file had no text/plain part.