[Mailman-Users] remove lists part of the fully qualified domain name

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri May 12 01:30:23 CEST 2006

Floriola wrote:

>I am able to connect to my mailman admin page, by going to this link:
>
>http://domain.com/mailman/admin/mailman
>
>However, after I enter the password and update any values that I would like to change in the admin
>page, when I click "Submit Your Changes" button, I get an error that the following does domain not
>exist: lists.domain.com

The mailman list has a web_page_url attribute of something like
http://lists.domain.com/mailman/, most likely because when the list
was created (and maybe still), the value of DEFAULT_URL_HOST was
lists.domain.com. This causes the 'post' URL for the web pages to
begin with http://lists.domain.com/mailman/.

Search the FAQ wizard for fix_url or just go to
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.069.htp>.