[Mailman-Users] newbie: subscribers without moderation

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Fri May 12 21:08:05 CEST 2006

On 5/12/06, Licinio Gomez <licinio at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have one application where I am using mailman
> users confirm on my application that they want to subscribe to the list.
> Then, I subscribe them sending one email to mailman from my application (php).
> The problem is that later I have to go to the mailman admin page and accept them
>
> can´t it be automatically? I´d like them to be accepted directly
>
> some years ago, I used Majordomo, I think I could subscribe users
> sending an email with one password, and that was all
>
> any idea?
You might try including the Approved: <list admin password> header in
the subscription request. Alternately, is your PHP application on the
same server? Can it call the mailman wrappers directly instead of
doing the (kind of ugly) hack of sending mails?

Last but not least, PHP *should* be able to access the mailman web
interface regardless, and post the address to the mass_subscribe page
of the mailman web interface.

--
- Patrick Bogen