[Mailman-Users] Can new-user approval be assigned to moderators by subgroup membership of user?
Ned T. Sahin
sahin at post.harvard.edu
Fri May 12 20:41:27 CEST 2006
Please can someone tell if/how one can implement the below with Mailman:
Goal: launch a university-wide mailing list for students at a large
* Each student needs to be verified by a moderator before being allowed
to join, so non-students can’t.
* Problem: too much work for one central moderator or set of moderators,
to know who is or isn’t a student (potentially 40,000 users).
* Luckily, each student lives in some dorm on campus and each dorm has a
master who should know all the students, so the natural moderator
responsibility should fall on dorm masters.
* On Mailman user screen, student should be able to pick his/her dorm
from a drop-down list as required part of the signup.
* Then Mailman should send the request specifically and only to the dorm
master for the student.
* That dorm master should be able to approve the request.
So: is this possible?
BTW – this isn’t actually for a university but a more decentralized
organization, so please don’t tell me that the university’s central
records should already have students’ e-mails! Thanks!
More information about the Mailman-Users