[Mailman-Users] newbie: subscribers without moderation

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Fri May 12 22:35:59 CEST 2006

On 5/12/06, Licinio Gomez <licinio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks very much for your help
> using php, I´ve sent one email to the list with this subjet:
> subscribe Approved:listadminpassword address=emailaddresstosubscribe
> but it´s the same result that sending this one:
> subscribe address=emailaddresstosubscribe
> any idea about what I´m doing wrong?

You'd need to put the Approved: <password> as its own header, or as
the first line of the body of the message.

> alternately, php application is on the same server that mailman,
> calling it directly sounds very good, is there any API to do it? any
> documentation?

There's not an API that I know of, but you can call the command-line
tools using php's exec(). You'd need to be very careful, though, since
you'll be execing something that includes a user's input; you need to
be extremely careful to prevent them from being able to run arbitrary
commands.

P.S., please include the list in all replies.

--
- Patrick Bogen