[Mailman-Users] Mailman as a newletter manager

Julianna julianna at e-easel.org
Mon May 15 16:51:25 CEST 2006

Hi.

I am looking for software to manage a newsletter, and I think that with
some configuration I can do this with Mailman. The end-product I want is
a newsletter with content contributed my subscribers and
non-subscribers, with a list of the "posts" followed by the actual
content. At the basic level, I was able to achieve this with a moderated
digest-mode list. However, I would also like to make the following
changes, and am not sure how:

1. Remove the header information for the digest, as it deters from the
newsletter. This would be the From, Date and Message ID (I would like to
be able to keep the Subject). I know there is the "Hide the sender of a
message, replacing it with the list address (Removes From, Sender and
Reply-To fields)" option, but that is not enough.
2. Allow moderators to make changes to the submissions, in case spelling
or punctuation errors are found.
3. Suppress the autoresponder for non-subscriber posts but allow the
autoresponder for all posts. For all posts, I want an autoresponse sent
with more information. I was able to get this to work, but an
autoresponse is also sent for the "Post by non-member to a members-only
list" reason. If I set "Send mail to poster when their posting is held
for approval?" to "No", then no responses are sent; if I set this to
"Yes" and also set "Should Mailman send an auto-response to mailing list
posters?" to yes, non-subscribers get two messages. Is there a way to
suppress the "Post by non-member to a members-only list" autoresponder?

Thanks.

Julianna

--
http://www.e-easel.org/