[Mailman-Users] PGP keys causing problems

Jeff DeReus jdereus at gmail.com
Thu May 18 17:38:52 CEST 2006

It seems that adding the filter_types has one effect.  When the list
subscribers get a message that has been PGP signed, the signature is no
longer valid.

When a patch is submitted (for developers) it is stripped from the message
that is posted to one list and the entire message with the patch is then
forwarded to another list (for the actual patches).

When one particular patch was submitted, it seems that the characters are
being converted to either unicode or ascii.  i.e.

============================
is now
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D     etc, etc, for several more lines.
this is in the mbox for the patches list.  also there are miscellaneous
characters tossed in there (just for good measure I suppose :)   )

> static int ShowStaticPage (const cGH *GH, httpRequest *request, void *u=
nused);
494c496
(from the mbox)

One possibility for the character munging perhaps is the email client the
submitter uses.  One person is using thunderbird and the other is using the
default "Mail" client on Mac OS X.  the mac submitter patches at least
arrive in the mbox correctly without munging.

Hope that helps.

Thank you,
Jeff D