[Mailman-Users] mailman + exim, no mail to owners

Anne Ramey anne.ramey at ncmail.net
Thu May 18 19:52:53 CEST 2006

Let me try again, hopefully I'll be more clear this time:

I've just switched over from sendmail to exim because of how well it
(supposedly) works with mailman, but now none of my owner posts are
going through...thus owners are not getting their notifications of
pending posts, etc.

Let me mention here that messages to listname-request at lists.ncmail.net,
and listname at lists.ncmail.net seem to be going through without trouble.
People can submit (un)subscribes and post messages to the lists fine.
It's just the owner messages that are not going out.

It's happening for all my lists. This is what's in the mailman logs:
May 18 11:43:51 2006 (1956) post to listname from
listname-owner at lists.ncmail.net, size=5185,
message-id=<mailman.277.1147878675.1789.listname at lists.ncmail.net>, 2
failures
And there is nothing about these messages in the exim log, but I can of
course see the posts and request messages fine in the exim logs, since
they go to their destinations.

Since the message are getting to mailman, I don't think it's a problem
with exim delivering the message to mailman, but there seems to be some
error in processing the data--the number of failures listed is always
the number of owners for that list. They just keep sitting in the retry
queue. I'm not sure what to try next, please advise.