[Mailman-Users] Feature Req: Re-confirm subscription

Daevid Vincent daevid at daevid.com
Fri May 26 00:21:26 CEST 2006

If there is a way to do this, please let me know, I didn't see anything in
the FAQ.

I also didn't see a 'bug/feature' tracking system link anywhere?
Is there a bugzilla or anything for mailman?

---

Anyways, I have a suspicion that some of my lists' mails are not getting to
their destinations. This could be that some people used their job email and
no longer work there, could be that they are on AOL or hotmail (which seem
to just silently discard), or could be just people that joined up and now
'junk mail or filter' the list because they're either to stupid or lazy to
properly unsubscribe.

Bottom line is that I'm paying per emails sent (via my quota on DynDNS) and
I want to unsubscribe these dead members.

It would be great if I could push a button in the web GUI (or run some
command on the CLI) and mailman would reset every members status to
'unconfirmed' (or whatever it is), mail them a link to click (with some
crazy code in it like when you join a list), and then mark the responders as
'confirmed'.

Then after some period of time, say a week or so, I could then go into the
GUI, click some link and see a list of all 'unconfirmed' people with the
option to unsubscribe them all (without sending an email obviously, since
the address is bogus).

Extra points if I can schedule this task to occur every month, every six
months, once a year, etc... (probably some 'day' interval would be
sufficient here).

ÐÆ5ÏÐ