[Mailman-Users] Missing headers of postings

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri May 26 19:10:40 CEST 2006

Roland Studer wrote:

>Itis really strange, actually sometimes I got the posting with correct
>headers, while others got the very same posting without those headers.

In that case, this almost certainly has to be something occurring after
Mailman has sent the message to the outgoing MTA, either in the
outgoing MTA or further out in the delivery.

I don't see how it could be a Mailman problem.

>Now
>this time I got the mail without headers, I haven't heard yet, if others got
>it the right way.
>
>So it's only happening for a part of the subscribers and not always for the
>same ones. This is really puzzling.

Yes it is.

All I can suggest is to look at the Received: headers of the posts and
try to determine if there is something involved in delivery of only
the 'bad' posts.