[Mailman-Users] Archived Messages Not Saved

Charles J. Hargrove n2nov at n2nov.net
Sat May 27 00:28:58 CEST 2006

I am using the FC5 Mailman package.  The archive files since the new build
are being kept in /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/.....

However, the /etc/httpd/conf.d/mailman.conf file shows it as:
Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/

Where can I find where it is being forced to save it into private?

> Are you using the FC5 mailman package or did you build it from source?
> The locations of the directories are changed in the FC package.  Is it
> possible that your apache setup is looking in the wrong place for the
> archives?
>
> Are the archive mboxes getting created?  On a standard source install
> they should be at:
>
>     $prefix/archives/private/$listname.mbox/$listname.mbox
>
> The FC5 package has them at:
>
>     /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/$listname.mbox/$listname.mbox
>
> - --
> Todd        OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xD654075A | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp

Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.
US Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 5-10 Comms Officer

NYC-ARECS/RACES Net Mon. @ 8:30PM 147.360/107.2 PL
http://www.nyc-arecs.org and http://www.nyc-races.org

NYDXA SWL & Scanner Net Wed. @ 9PM 147.360/107.2 PL
http://www.n2nov.net

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through
the walls topped by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified
borders." - Ronald Reagan