[Mailman-Users] Removing the "Cc:" header

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon May 29 21:03:04 CEST 2006

Steve Quezadas wrote:

>I notice that when I send an email to mailman, it adds an extra "Cc:"
>header to the mail. I am looking under the options in the mailman
>configurator and can't seem to find a way to remove this. I can't use
>maildrop/xfilter/reformail either to remove the header because it adds
>the header AFTER my mta transfers the message to mailman.
>
>Any way to remove this line?

This is a bug that was fixed in 2.1.6. If you are running pre-2.1.6
Mailman and are unable to upgrade, you can fix this by changing the
last few lines of Mailman/Handlers/AvoidDuplicates.py from

    # RFC 2822 specifies zero or one CC header
    del msg['cc']
    msg['Cc'] = COMMASPACE.join([formataddr(i) for i in
ccaddrs.values()])

    # RFC 2822 specifies zero or one CC header
    del msg['cc']
    if ccaddrs:
        msg['Cc'] = COMMASPACE.join([formataddr(i) for i in
ccaddrs.values()])

Note in each of the above fragments, the last line is wrapped by my MUA.