[Mailman-Users] migrating mailman to a new box

Jana Nguyen jnguyen at ncmir.ucsd.edu
Wed May 31 21:14:54 CEST 2006

I'm moving our current mailman to a new box.  We want to migrate all the
data (lists, archives, and configuration files), except for the hostname
and web_url will
be change on the new box.  Below are the steps, not sure if this is a
good way of migrating mailman from current to new box?

1) Move the entire contents of the archives/
   lists/ and directories

2) fix the host_name and web_page_url attributes of the list with
"withlist",
"fix_url", and rebuild the archives with 'bin/arch --wipe'

Not sure if we have to rebuild the archives if I'm already running
fix_url with withlist?

Thanks!