[Mailman-Users] bcc problem

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Nov 9 02:36:08 CET 2006

o omida parasita wrote:

>If I (a member of the list) send a message to production at domain.com and I
>bcc john at anotherdomain.com, the message gets sent to the moderator for
>approval. I would get a message saying that the message is being held until
>the list moderator can review it for approval.
>
>The reason it is being held:
>
>Message has implicit destination

Are you sure that's what's happening, and it's not the other way around.

In other words, if you send To: 'user' with Bcc: 'list' the implicit
destination hold is expected because the list address is not included
as a visible (To: or Cc:) recipient of the post. If you want such
posts to be accepted, set Privacy options...->Recipient
filters->require_explicit_destination to No.

On the other hand, if you send To: 'list' with Bcc: 'user' this should
be no different to Mailman than if you sent To: 'list' without the
Bcc:.