[Mailman-Users] Upgrading from 2.1.5 to 2.1.9

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Nov 9 06:39:52 CET 2006

At 3:55 PM -0700 11/8/06, Ivan Fetch wrote:

>     I'm wondering whether anyone has experience they'd like to share going
>  directly from 2.1.5 to 2.1.9 -- anything to be aware of in terms of the
>  upgrade process or user experiences (meaning list administrators and
>  members)?

I recently did the upgrade from 2.1.5 to 2.1.9 for the NTP Public
Services Project at ntp.isc.org.  It really was this simple:

	1.  Stop the web server (apache)
	2.  Stop postfix
	3.  Stop Mailman
	4.  As root, do "cd /usr/ports/mail/mailman/; make install"
	5.  Start Mailman
	6.  Start postfix
	7.  Start the web server
	8.  Check everything to see that it all appears to be working
		correctly.

Of course, I actually used the FreeBSD port system to install Mailman
as opposed to installing from source, but the concept is the same.
And this is no guarantee that things will be this clean for you.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad at shub-internet.org>

Trend Micro has announced that they will cancel the stop.mail-abuse.org
mail forwarding service as of 15 November 2006.  If you have an old
e-mail account for me at this domain, please make sure you correct that
with the current address.