[Mailman-Users] Unhide and list users...

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Nov 10 23:06:53 CET 2006

David Boothe wrote:

>I have a list where all the subscriber address are marked hide.  I'd like to fetch a subscriber list that I can save as a text file locally if possible.  I believe that if I can mass unhide the subscribers and then send a request of some sorts to the list then it will send me the subscribers in a reply.  Can someone tell me how to go about doing this please?

There is no "mass unhide" function per se. If you have command line
access, you can use bin/list_members to get a membership list and you
can run the withlist script at the end of this post to unhide all
members.

Be sure to change the default for new members on the General Options
page so they aren't hidden.

If you don't have command line access, see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.062.htp>.
You can use one of the scripts that retrieve the membership from the
web admin interface. Once you have a membership list, you can use the
unhide.py script at
<http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb> to unhide
the members.

Here's a withlist script if you have command line access.

Cut here --------------------------------------------------
"""Set all members of a list to be 'unhidden'.

Save as bin/set_unhide.py

Run via

   bin/withlist -r set_unhide <listname>
"""

from Mailman import mm_cfg

def set_unhide(mlist):
    if not mlist.Locked():
        mlist.Lock()
    for member in mlist.getMembers():
        mlist.setMemberOption(member, mm_cfg.ConcealSubscription, 0)
    mlist.Save()
    mlist.Unlock()