[Mailman-Users] Temporary local problem - please try later

J.R. Constance jrc at clshost.com
Mon Nov 13 07:53:15 CET 2006

I am using Exim, and here is the corresponding error from the
exim_rejecting log for this smtp-failure entry.

2006-11-12 18:33:44 H=localhost (frodo.clshost.com) [127.0.0.1]
sender verify defer for <mailman-bounces at ascls-lists.org>: error in
redirect data: missing or malformed local part (expected word or "<")
in ":blackhole"
2006-11-12 18:33:44 H=localhost (frodo.clshost.com) [127.0.0.1]
F=<mailman-bounces at ascls-lists.org> temporarily rejected RCPT
<jrc at rodricon.com>: Could not complete sender verify

I have had a situation with this domain where some spammers seem to
be using the domain as a return address and getting a lot of
rejections for emails that we weren't sending, so I set the default
address folr ascls-lists.org to :blackhole so that I wasn't getting
all of the rejections. Could that be causing a problem?

The jrc at rodricon.com address is my main email address, and seems to
work fine. I do receive email from the ascls-lists.org mailing lists
on a regular basis to that address.

I will look through the FAQ entries, and will also recheck the DNS
configuration.

Thanks,

J.R.