[Mailman-Users] Approve subscription requests via mail

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Nov 19 10:36:29 CET 2006

At 2:44 AM -0600 11/19/06, Brad Knowles wrote:

>>   And sure you link to the searchable mail archive from the faq and
>>   http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/mailman-users, but not from
>>   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/ (which is the first
>>   place if I look for the searchable archives - of course then the faq
>>   or directly via google).
>
>  I'll take a look at that and see if I can update the description.

I took another look at this page, it looks like we should be able to
update the links by editing the templates from which the HTML files
are built.  I've done that, and I'm in the process of completely
re-generating the entire archive for mailman-users going back to the
beginning of the list in 1998.  This should do what we need, although
it will take a while to complete.

Oh, and all links into the archive will now be broken -- whatever
article number you thought you were linking to is now going to point
to a different article than the one you had originally found.  This
is a side-effect of the way that Mailman generates the archives, and
happens every time you do a complete regeneration.

This means we'll probably have to go back into the FAQ Wizard and
clean up a lot of those entries, so that the links point to the new
article number for the desired article in question.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad at shub-internet.org>

Trend Micro has announced that they will cancel the stop.mail-abuse.org
mail forwarding service as of 15 November 2006.  If you have an old
e-mail account for me at this domain, please make sure you correct that
with the current address.