[Mailman-Users] List admin controling member list thru email

Alan McConnell alan at patriot.net
Sun Nov 19 19:20:13 CET 2006

On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 10:01:50AM -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> BG Mahesh wrote:
> >
> >We are using Mailman 2.1.9. I want the admin of the list to be able to do
> >the following by sending emails and not visiting the admin section (web)
> >
> >- Add/delete member(s)
> >- Delete "all" members of the list
> >- Add a bunch of users to the list
>

> This is something that would have to be implemented either by modifying
> the existing email subscribe and unsubscribe command processing or by
> implementing entirely new email commands.
	Let me add my humble voice to endorse Mr Mahesh's ideas.  I'd
	like to be able to approve/disapprove member joining, and
	unknown people posting, as well.

I hope there is a wish list that mailman developers will keep in mind,
as they further improve/enhance.  I would hope the goal would be
that admins, as well as users, could do everything by E-mail as well
as by web interface.

The advantages of this would be great for people with dialup access, like
me.  Also great for people in developing countries, with slow links, for
whom E-mail works better than e.g. the loading of a web page.

Best wishes,

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://patriot.net/users/alan
    "The intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy."