[Mailman-Users] creating list defaults and filters?

Tim Tyler tyler at beloit.edu
Mon Nov 20 19:58:44 CET 2006

   Mailman users,
  I have two questions.  We are running Mailman 2.1.5 on Redhat.

1. Is there a way when creating lists to have it automatically set
certain fields with certain defaults such as Archives off, mail size
limit 40k, etc.; instead of having to manually set them?

2. Is there a way to set a filter for a list such that all messages
are automatically rejected or discarded if they don't have a
particular subject header string such as [announce] in it?  I see
that one can accept [announce] in the filters, but how does one wild
card reject all the rest?  Also, I presume that order matters, correct?

Tim Tyler
Network Engineer - Beloit College
tyler at beloit.edu