[Mailman-Users] text-only versus graphical

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Mon Nov 20 23:30:38 CET 2006

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Daevid Vincent wrote:

> I don't know why everyone is all down on graphical HTML email.

> I think this "plain-text" only mentality is antiquated and fostered from
> die-hard zealots who still use, nigh, prefer the command line over GUI tools
> which take most of the tedious guess-work and fat-fingering out of
> administration of a server.

In my case, it comes from valuing speed and size over bells and whistles.
HTML tends to be large and in every mail reader I've used, much slower to
render than plain text. When I'm working through a backlog of 100
messages, I value speed.

And from what I can see, the larger the message is and the slower it is to
render, the less likely it is to be something I want to read since those
are more often than not marketing messages trying to sell me something.

-- Larry Stone
   lstone19 at stonejongleux.com