[Mailman-Users] Stopping Posts to mailman List

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Nov 21 23:12:40 CET 2006

Raquel wrote:

>Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

>> And what response do you get when you go to one of these URLs, and
>> what is in the web server logs for these attempts?
>I get my server's "Error 404" page with no error in the Apache
>server logs.

So Apache encounters an error, sends a 404 not found and logs nothing
at all in access_log or error_log? Seems like some serious Apache
deficiency to me.

OTOH, when you said

> >However, I cannot get to
> >http://my.FQDN/mailman/admin/mailman/privacy
> >or
> >members
> >or ...

Do you mean you actually tried to go to those URLs, or you just
followed the links on the General Options page. If the latter, the
web_page_url attribute of the mailman list is probably wrong. Try
running fix_url on the mailman list.