[Mailman-Users] New Mailman Installation - Can't Send Email toaNewList(reformatted)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Nov 27 17:03:48 CET 2006

mcjathan wrote:

>In fact, POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS was set in mm_cfg.py, but was not
>set in Defaults.py.  Should POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS not be set in
>Defaults.py?

You should not make any changes in Defaults.py (see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.021.htp>
and other replies in this thread)

Your setting in mm_cfg.py overrides the default in Defaults.py, and
that's the way it should be.

So we're back to the original question. Please go back to
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-November/054347.html>
and try to understand what I wrote there. As I said there, "The fact
that you have nothing in virtual-mailman after running bin/genaliases
and/or creating lists indicates you have no lists whose host_name
attribute is in the POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS list".

Since POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS is apparently correct, the problem
is with the lists. This is because the various DEFAULT_*_HOST settings
and add_virtualhost directives are not correct in mm_cfg.py or weren't
when the lists were created. The post referenced above says more about
this.