[Mailman-Users] Old lists are working. New lists discard allmessages. How to debug?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Nov 27 17:19:56 CET 2006

Brian Parish wrote:

>I have a number of lists running happily, but a couple of new ones don't
>want to play.  For testing purposes I subscribe myself to them and a
>couple of other addresses.  All message sent to them from subscribed
>addresses get automatically discarded.  I can see the discards in the
>vette log, but that doesn't provide a reason why.  Do I need to turn on
>verbose output or something to get a diagnostic that's meaningful?

I think there are just two ways this can happen.

1) You are 'moderated' and member_moderation_action is Discard.

2) Your post is seen as from a nonmember and either you are in
discard_these_nonmembers or generic_nonmember_action is Discard.

You can get more information in case 2) by setting
forward_auto_discards to Yes.

(All the above settings except your moderated bit are on Privacy
options...->Sender filters)