[Mailman-Users] trying to access archives - access denied

Rachel Assuncao rachel at musango.ca
Mon Nov 27 18:10:18 CET 2006

Hello,

I am the manger for a couple of different lists that are relatively new.  It
has come to my attention in the last few days that our members are unable to
access the archives when they click on the archives link
(http://lists.genuinecontact.info/pipermail/genuinecontact/).  When you
click on the link, it takes you to a page that says "Forbidden: You don't
have permission to access /pipermail/genuinecontact/ on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I don't have very much experience managing these things, and very little
technical understanding.  Does anyone have any ideas about how to resolve
this?

I've already checked the settings of the archives, and they are set to
archive messages, the archive file source is for public, and new archive
volumes should be set yearly.

Also, from the list management page, I can click on Edit List Archives and
it will take me to the archives for editing, but if I click on Go To List
Archives, I get the same message as above.

I feel like this should be something really easy to fix, but couldn't find
any reference in the help section available.  This is the same on all of the
lists I manage (6) so I am assuming it is a setting somewhere?

Thanks,

Rachel

The day will come when after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides,
gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And on that day
for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered
fire.

~ Teilhard de Chardin