[Mailman-Users] Old lists are working. New lists discard allmessages. How to debug?
bmp at univexsystems.com
Tue Nov 28 05:57:26 CET 2006
Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Brian Parish wrote:
>> I have a number of lists running happily, but a couple of new ones don't
>> want to play. For testing purposes I subscribe myself to them and a
>> couple of other addresses. All message sent to them from subscribed
>> addresses get automatically discarded. I can see the discards in the
>> vette log, but that doesn't provide a reason why. Do I need to turn on
>> verbose output or something to get a diagnostic that's meaningful?
> I think there are just two ways this can happen.
> 1) You are 'moderated' and member_moderation_action is Discard.
> 2) Your post is seen as from a nonmember and either you are in
> discard_these_nonmembers or generic_nonmember_action is Discard.
> You can get more information in case 2) by setting
> forward_auto_discards to Yes.
> (All the above settings except your moderated bit are on Privacy
> options...->Sender filters)
1. I am moderated, but member_moderation_action is hold
2. If I switch off my moderation bit, the behavior is unaffected
3. I am subscribed to the list under two addresses and sending from
either I get discarded
4. discard_these_nonmembers is blank and generic_nonmember_action
5. forward_auto_discards is set to Yes, so I see the discards, but with no explanation as to why
Given point 4, I don't understand how mailman can do anything but hold the message for approval, whether I am correctly subscribed or not. I am more than happy to provide admin access to this list if you feel like having a play.
More information about the Mailman-Users