[Mailman-Users] Mailman and (really) large lists

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Nov 28 08:48:20 CET 2006

At 12:15 PM +0800 11/28/06, Stanley Chen wrote:

>  Can you elaborate more? How to seperate the mail queues and drop the
>  filter scans?

The easiest way is to configure your MTA so that it has a different
and customized configuration that it uses for listening to a
particular numbered port on the "loopback" interface (a.k.a.,
127.0.0.1), and then you configure Mailman to use only that
port/interface for all outbound mail.

However, these are questions that are more specific to your MTA, and
you should be looking for support from their respective
organizations, using their websites, their FAQs, their documentation,
their mailing lists, etc....

We can tell you how we've done this sort of thing on our sites, but
that doesn't necessarily have any bearing on how you could (or
should) do this for your site.  You need to get help specific to your
MTA, which isn't something we are likely to be able to help with --
at least, not beyond what is already in the FAQs.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad at shub-internet.org>

Trend Micro has announced that they will cancel the stop.mail-abuse.org
mail forwarding service as of 15 November 2006.  If you have an old
e-mail account for me at this domain, please make sure you correct that
with the current address.