[Mailman-Users] mm-handler setup, new domain

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Nov 30 04:49:34 CET 2006

At 6:10 PM -0500 11/29/06, David Abrahams wrote:

>  So I am inclined to simply point a DNS record for
>  lists.boost-consulting.com at the same IP address and go from there.
>  Is there any reason that shouldn't work out peachily, and are there
>  any pitfalls I need to watch out for?

Just make sure you don't try to use a CNAME alias instead of a real
IP address.  The RFCs require that all CNAME aliases get their
hostname replaced with the actual canonical name that is referenced,
and this will hose your Mailman configuration.  Directly resolve to
real IP addresses and avoid any CNAME aliases, and you should be fine.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad at shub-internet.org>

Trend Micro has announced that they will cancel the stop.mail-abuse.org
mail forwarding service as of 15 November 2006.  If you have an old
e-mail account for me at this domain, please make sure you correct that
with the current address.