[Mailman-Users] Threading for integration with message board

stephen at xemacs.org stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Oct 3 15:57:56 CEST 2006

Brad Knowles writes:
 > At 12:26 PM +0900 10/3/06, <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
 >
 > >  > Not necessarily easy, but see <http://www.jwz.org/doc/threading.html>.
 > >
 > >  I've heard rumors that there's a Perl module on CPAN implementing
 > >  Jamie's algorithm.
 >
 > It was my understanding that Mailman already implements Jamie's algorithm.
 >
 > Is this not correct?

Strictly speaking, it's pipermail that does any threading, which I
don't use (I use MHonArc, which doesn't thread as well as Jamie's
algorithm, but has the advantage that Somebody Else Installs and
Maintains It).  Not Mailman.

So I don't know.

However, the important word there was "Perl", which the OP knows.  I
have a feeling that even an algorithm whose results The Great Jamie
Zawinksi reluctantly admits are never less than thrilling<wink> might
not be tuned to the OP's needs.

So he might want to use a hackable CPAN module rather than a Python
implementation distributed with Mailman.