[Mailman-Users] links in outgoingmail not working

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 4 03:50:34 CEST 2006

chris fergus wrote:
>I can get to the initial admin page at:
>but not the overview page
>I get the 404 error.
>My mm_cfg.py variable looks like this:
>DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/cgi-bin/'
>PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/cgi-bin/private'
>My apached.conf looks like this:
>#ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
>ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/

So you need to access Mailman CGI pages via URLs of the form
scheme://host/mailman/... as in your example above that works. This
means you need (for https scheme)

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'

in mm_cfg.py. After making this change, you need to run fix_url as

>Iv'e tried tweeking the variables in both configs and running
>'bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url'
>each time, but the problem usually, but not always gets worse; when I try
>the link again, it just gives me a blank page (not accessable)
>The output from the above command is always the following:
>'importing fix_url....
>Running fix_url.fix_url...
>saving list
>Saving list
>It gives me te above response whether mailman is running or not. (which I
think is correct)

Right. It is independent of whether or not Mailman is running. The
above is the expected output, but it won't do the right thing if