[Mailman-Users] Approving mails

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 4 06:58:49 CEST 2006

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>You can still do it, but your Approved: line must be in a message sent
>to the <listname>-request and with the subject of the sub-part
>message, i.e. "confirm <40 digit hex token>" (perhaps preceded by "Re
>:", but not by "Re : ".

I think I fumble fingered the above. What I meant was it's OK if your
MUA puts "Re: " in front of the subject, but it's not OK if it puts
"Re : " or "Re:" infront of the subject. I.e., subjects like

Subject: confirm <token>

or

Subject: Re: confirm <token>

or even

Subject: xyz: confirm <token>

will all work, but

and

will not work. This is because if the first 'word' of the subject is
not a recognized command, CommandRunner strips the first 'word' and
tries again, but it only does this once.