[Mailman-Users] Index Listing of mail lists

stephen at xemacs.org stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Oct 11 03:49:57 CEST 2006

Reply-To set to Mailman-Users.

Tom Kavanaugh writes:

 > If there is a way to setup a A-Z index hortizontally above the List name -
 > Description, it would be great.
 >
 > Any code hacks for this feature?

This feature is already in the Member List page.  Since Mailman is
free software, reusing that code doesn't even count as stealing!<wink>

Mailman Developers: Is the web code set up so that so that admins
could fairly easily assemble these UI widgets into a page that suits
their usage?  Or would that be a major refactoring?  Sorta like
reimplementing Plone, I guess, but we really don't want to put "import
plone" at the top!

What I was thinking is that there could be a page generator pipeline,
similar to the list processor.  Of course the objects we want to
generate pages from (member lists, moderation queues, etc) would have
to grow appropriate interfaces -- sounds like work! but it would be
way cool.