[Mailman-Users] Automatic notifications not going out

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Oct 15 22:16:39 CEST 2006

Tracey McCartney wrote"

>At 09:42 AM 10/15/2006, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>On the list's General Options page, is
>>Should the list moderators get immediate notice of new requests, as
>>well as daily notices about collected ones?
>>(Details for admin_immed_notify)
>>set to Yes?
>>Do any of your lists have periodic digests? If so, are these missing
>Digests are working.  I have a second e-mail subscribed for digests only, and they kick out when they're supposed to.

I'm out of ideas. To debug this further, I think we'd need access to
logs and other information on the server, which I gather we don't
have. If the host admins want to persue this on this list, we'll try
to help, but I gather from <http://www.inmotionhosting.com/> that this
may be a cPanel Mailman in which case see

>Anyone know a good web host that supports Mailman well?  One of my discussion lists has about 225 people on it, and a lot of hosts disable bulk mailing because they think all large mailings are spam.

Unfortunately, we've seen reports on this list of hosts that offer
Mailman lists and then don't allow lists of more than 100+/- members
to work because of outgoing SMTP limits. Note: I am not trying to
imply that any of the hosts you may find via the links in the above
FAQ would be in this category.