[Mailman-Users] Automatic notifications not going out

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Oct 15 22:16:39 CEST 2006

Tracey McCartney wrote"

>At 09:42 AM 10/15/2006, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>>On the list's General Options page, is
>>
>>Should the list moderators get immediate notice of new requests, as
>>well as daily notices about collected ones?
>>(Details for admin_immed_notify)
>>
>>set to Yes?
>
>Yes.
>

>>Do any of your lists have periodic digests? If so, are these missing
>>too?
>
>Digests are working.  I have a second e-mail subscribed for digests only, and they kick out when they're supposed to.

I'm out of ideas. To debug this further, I think we'd need access to
logs and other information on the server, which I gather we don't
have. If the host admins want to persue this on this list, we'll try
to help, but I gather from <http://www.inmotionhosting.com/> that this
may be a cPanel Mailman in which case see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.011.htp>.

>Anyone know a good web host that supports Mailman well?  One of my discussion lists has about 225 people on it, and a lot of hosts disable bulk mailing because they think all large mailings are spam.

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.017.htp>.

Unfortunately, we've seen reports on this list of hosts that offer
Mailman lists and then don't allow lists of more than 100+/- members
to work because of outgoing SMTP limits. Note: I am not trying to
imply that any of the hosts you may find via the links in the above
FAQ would be in this category.