[Mailman-Users] mail list script sending out spam and crashing server big style

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 16:53:57 CEST 2006

On 10/19/06, Heal Secretary <secretary at healheadingley.org.uk> wrote:
> I am using Mailman 2.1.9.cp 1. I am locked in to CPanel and not at
> liberty, myself to do an upgrade from this version.

If you or someone in your organization has the expertise, you might
consider switching to an alternate host that gives you full control.
E.g., a company that offers VPSs; you can usually get cPanel, but also
have full shell access to the 'server' to be able to update any
software you want (e.g., to non-cPanel versions).

I, personally, use www.vpsland.com, and derive no economic or social
benefit from recommending them (however, they're quite inexpensive and
have never given me problems.)

--
- Patrick Bogen