[Mailman-Users] Changing archive template for a specific list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Oct 24 18:35:21 CEST 2006

Rusty Wilson wrote:

>I want to make a template change to one specific archive template. I've reviewed:
>
>http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-June/037493.html> and <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-June/037646.html>. These seem to show how to make a template change that will affect all lists.

quoting from
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-June/037646.html>
which information is also in the FAQ at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp>:

     # When looking for a template in a specific language, there are 4
places
     # that are searched, in this order:
     #
     # 1. the list-specific language directory
     #    lists/<listname>/<language>
     #
     # 2. the domain-specific language directory
     #    templates/<list.host_name>/<language>
     #
     # 3. the site-wide language directory
     #    templates/site/<language>
     #
     # 4. the global default language directory
     #    templates/<language>
     #

In other words, for example, if you want to change the English language
archtocnombox.html templaty for the 'examplelist' list only, you
create the directory lists/examplelist/en/ if it doesn't exist and
save the edited template as lists/examplelist/en/archtocnombox.html
(note the lists/examplelist/ directory will exist and contains the
list's config.pck, etc. files).