[Mailman-Users] Holding messages from non-members?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Oct 24 22:17:37 CEST 2006

Elizabeth Schwartz wrote:
>The discarded messages appear in vette, but not with the list name, just a
>line like this:
>Oct 23 14:31:42 2006 (6918) Message discarded, msgid: <
> at Harvard.edu>

Yeah, it's not too informative, but at least it says that the message
was intentionally discarded and didn't 'fall through the cracks'.

>I changed the "should be forwarded to the list moderator" and now messages
>are being held.

That's wierd. The forward_auto_discards setting is only tested if
generic_nonmember_action is 3 (discard).

What if you set forward_auto_discards off? does the problem return?