[Mailman-Users] How to move a list from 2.1.2

Anders Norrbring lists at norrbring.se
Mon Oct 30 17:16:13 CET 2006

Brad Knowles skrev:
> At 4:05 PM +0100 10/29/06, Anders Norrbring wrote:
>
>>  I have a bunch of lists that resides on an old 2.1.2 installation.
>>  I want to move these to a newer machine with Mailman v2.1.7.
>
> Keep in mind that 2.1.7 has been superceded by 2.1.8 and now 2.1.9. I
> believe that there may be some serious security issues with the older
> code, and would recommend that you upgrade to the current version as
> opposed to 2.1.7.
>
> The upgrade steps should be the same, the only thing that will differ is
> the version of Mailman.

Yeah.. I'll do a RPM build for SUSE on the latest version as soon as I
can find the time. The thing I was a bit concerned about was the move
from one machine to the other. Seemed to work fine though..

Except that the e-mail footers still shows the old web page link.. I
haven't been digging into it yet though.

--

Anders Norrbring
Norrbring Consulting