[Mailman-Users] rename mailman hostname

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Oct 31 22:06:41 CET 2006

mardin at comcast.net wrote:

>My question is how to use the following two lines:
>
>VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
>add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>
>For our case, is it necessary to add the above two lines? When I did a quick test, the mailman server was working without adding these two lines.

It depends on what you're doing and what's in Defaults.py. If the
settings in Defaults.py for DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST
are correct, then you don't need the two lines in mm_cfg.py (and you
also don't need to set DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST in
mm_cfg.py).

If the settings in Defaults.py for DEFAULT_URL_HOST and/or
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST need changing in mm_cfg.py, then you also need the
two above lines. This affects mostly creation of new lists, but also
fix_url and the domain of the site email address on the listinfo pages
and some other places.