[Mailman-Users] View Subscriber list format

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Sep 1 01:22:14 CEST 2006

Tom Kavanaugh wrote:

>Is there a way to incorporate this change across all exisitng mail lists?
>I looked at commands in mailman/bin but did not find any command that could
>do this for me. Or, am I missing something?

First, you want to put

DEFAULT_OBSCURE_ADDRESSES = No

in mm_cfg.py so new lists will be created with obscure_address = No.

Then you have two choices for existing lists, bin/withlist and
bin/config_list. config_list is easier to describe so, put the
following 1 line in a file

obscure_addresses = 0

and run a shell script like

#!/bin/sh