[Mailman-Users] query re "message has implicit destination"(devils advocate!)

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Sep 1 17:03:43 CEST 2006

At 9:30 PM +0900 2006-09-01, <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:

>  Your post asks for more than the GPL does.  I agree that it would be
>  good if these companies would participate actively in the community.
>  But I'm more confused than ever why you cited the GPL in support of
>  that, since you write:

I'm not really citing the GPL, at least not per se.  I know what the
GPL actually requires, but as far as I'm concerned any changes that
are made without being approved by Barry or filtered back into the
community would qualify as "unapproved".

>  All I want w.r.t. the GPL is that downstream do what it explicitly
>  demands, since that is the license Mailman uses.

If they were willing to do that, I'd be reasonably happy.

>  And maybe Mailman should consider asking for source code from these
>  companies, to improve support for not a few users.

That's a good idea, but that's another issue for Barry.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.