[Mailman-Users] Just archives

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Sep 1 18:42:34 CEST 2006

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

>I believe I need to do more to configure the list, so that for example
>the list name appears somewhere on the archive pages.  I'm not yet
>sure if I should do this via command line tools, or if I need to hook
>it up so the list admin web pages work on this private copy of
>mailman.

The list's real_name attribute is what will appear in the archive web
pages. This is the listname given to bin/newlist with possible
capitalization differences. You can modify the capitalization if
desired with bin/config_list before running bin/arch. Once you've run
bin/arch, it's built in to the web pages (you can run bin/arch --wipe
to rebuild them)

You don't need to run the web interface for anything assuming the
archive is 'public'. Also, since the archive is static, you don't need
the list (or Mailman) at all after the archive is created.

You may wish to write some kind of script to remove the 'more
information about this list' links from the contents and index pages.